Friday, 22 March 2013

Day trip to Africa

So yesterday we visited Tangier, Morocco.In the morning we drove 100 km to Tarifa. Tarifa´s like the windiest spot in Europe and the wind fas enormous. We were about to buy the ferry tickets, when we discovered that we only had four passports with us. My baby brother's was missing. So we thought that was it and were all depressed, Anu even cried. But then my dad thought of a solution - my step mom and the baby stayed in Tarifa at a hotel and we went to Africa with my dad and Anu. The ferry ride was 45 minutes long from Tarifa to Tangier, like in the Coelho book The Alchemist:). On the ship we saw an Estonian! He worked on the ferry and told us that surprisingly many Estonians work on the ferries from Spain to Morocco.
We reached Tangier at 1 pm local time. At the port many many people came to offer us stuff like taxi rides and tour guides and so on. They were all fake trying to rob tourists. There were so many people around us during the whole day. They were whistling and offering stuff and so on. Bothering. It was very warm and sunny in the city. I only wore a light blouse and a maxi skirt and I was hot. I felt that I wasn't in Europe anymore. It had an African vibe and feeling. Also it smelled differently. We tried to go to a restaurant my dad had picked out from tripadvisor, but we couldn't find it and even got lost. We were in a very dubious neighborhood with narrow streets and local people trying to sell us stuff. Finally we went back to a more normal area and found an OK restaurant to eat at. I ate cous cous with vegetables and it was very delicious, but the portion was huge Afterwards we bought a whole kilo ofsweets at a little pastry shop. They are delicious, but I found a little wormy inside my pastry and Anu was very scared.
In the evening we sailed back to Spain on a ferry that used to ride from Tallinn to Helsinki. This is the same ship that took me abroad for the first time in my life when I was 5 months old. My dad remembered it and I've seen the pictures:) Yesterday to Morocco I decided to wear a maxi skirt, because it's an Islamic country and all the locals wear long costumes. I matched my military colored skirt with a light white blouse, studded leather jacket(which I didn't wear most of the time), studded bag, round sunglasses and some golden jewelry. All in all it was an exciting and adventurous day trip. I would not want to do it again, but it was a nice experience. I'm glad it's done. Today is our last full day here in Spain, we're going back to Estonia through London tomorrow night. :(

















xooxxxx,
Kaisa

2 comments:

  1. Really cool trips you're having my dear! And cool fashion too! Love it! :) Enjoy more!


    ★♡ New Clothingloves Feature (^_^) ♡★
    Marching to Spring Top Trends with Clothingloves
    Floral? Mint? Pastels? What's your take?

    ❤ ~Chai
    http://chenmeicai.blogspot.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ChaiChenPage
    Follow Ice Goddhez via Bloglovin'
    Follow on NetworkedBlogs via Facebook
    Follow me via Google+

    With Google Reader retiring by July 1, 2013; let's follow each other as well on Bloglovin' and/or other networks as an alternative to GFC should it be affected. Thank you dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the skirt + jacket combo .. you look so pretty!

    brokegirldilemmas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete