Saturday, 2 November 2013

London part 2

If my last post was about our second day in London, this was is about the first and last days.
The first day we arrived at Stansted airport at about 1 o'clock, but it took us almost 3 hours to get from the aircraft to our hotel. Getting through passport control, going from the airport to the city train and then from the station to our hotel by metro. In Tallinn we were home in 15 minutes.
Firstly we went to a Starbucks shop right next to our hotel :) .
We stayed at a hotel in Notting Hill right next to Notting Hill Gate. When we got there, the first scare was that our room was in the basement. But actually it was okay. The room was very nice, big and modern and there was still a window.
On the first day we went to Piccadilly street to have dinner at a restaurant where our friend had worked and then to the theatre. We went to see Mamma Mia musical at Novello thetre. It was an extremely fun night. The musical was so entertaining and the actors were all excellent and sang really well.
On the last day we had to start going to the airport at 2 o'clock. So first we had breakfast at Pret A Manger (I think we went there about 5 times in 3 days:) ) and then went to see St Paul's Cathedral. It was so beautiful.
Next we rode to Liverpool street station where we caught our train later and walked to Brick Ln. We got completely lost and found ourselves in the middle of a business district, but not the bohemian Shoreditch neighbourhood. After straying around for about an hour, we finally found Brick Lane! It had such a cool vibe and it was full of delicious curry places. And we went to a really nice little cross-street where was this super cool vintage shop. I regret it so much that I didn't have my camera in my hand while visiting these two streets.
After that we went to Liverpool street station and back to the airport. That was the end of our quick and intense trip.
It was such a fantastic trip and I already want to go back there. I think my big dream of moving to New York City to study is being replaced with a new dream. A London dream.




Our hotel was on this street in a same kind of white house

Piccadilly circus



Trafalgar square at night

Novello theatre, where we saw Mamma Mia

Covent garden at night

Mmmm... miss it so much already

St Paul's











Last Starbucks at the airport
Photos by: me & my mum
I hope I can go back to London soon, miss it so much already
oxxox,
Kaisa

1 comment:

  1. super!:) xo
    Bianka
    http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete